We may collect and process information about you (the “data subject”) for either personal or professional reasons, depending upon the circumstances in which they are collected, which will be made clear to you at the time of collection.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide in person (including at events) or by post, phone or electronically – including by email, forms on our websites or via SMS
- information provided at the time to use one of our professional services (e.g. advertising), subscribing to newsletters, entering competitions, posting material, raising general enquiries or requesting further services;
- certain information when you report a problem with our websites or regarding the services provided by us;
- details of any correspondence in the event that you contact us;
- survey information, which is used for research purposes, although you do not have to participate in them; and/or
- details of your visits to our websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may ask you to provide personal information either as a private individual or as the representative of a company, business or organisation; including non-profit clubs, charities and societies.
Some or all of the following personal information may be collected, but only where absolutely necessary.
- Company you are employed with and/or otherwise are representing if your dealings with us (if applicable/relevant)
- Professional Title, Role and/or Responsibilities (if applicable/relevant)
- Home or Business Address and/or Postcode
- Personal and/or Professional Email (Landline and/or Mobile)
- Personal and/or Professional Telephone (Landline and/or Mobile)
- Age/Date of Birth
- Social media profiles (if applicable)
- Marketing preferences
With regard to each visit to our website we may also automatically collect technical information about your visit.
Whilst you can access the website and browse through certain parts of the website without disclosing personal information, if you wish to use certain services offered on some of the website or obtain certain information made available by us, you may be required to share some personal information with us. If you choose not to provide the information you may not be able to use the service that has been offered or obtain the information you seek.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Whilst we have implemented certain technical and organisational measures to protect personal information submitted via our websites from unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss or destruction or damage, unfortunately the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites; any transmission is at your own risk.
How long we keep your Personal Information
When we obtain your personal data our policy is to keep it only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. However, it may be necessary to retain the information for a longer time.
When you place an advertisement with us you are subject to our “Advertising Terms & Conditions” and as a customer your data will be retained for upwards of 5 years to enable us to comply with our legal and contractual obligations and maintain a complete record of your transactions with us.
Legal bases for processing data and how we use it
We will only process your personal data where at least one of the six lawful bases for processing are applicable. These grounds are Consent, Contract, Legal obligation, Vital interests, Public task and Legitimate Interests
Information you provide.
This information may be used…
- to take specific steps before entering into a contract with you based on legitimate interests, such as:
- providing you electronically with information that you request from us, or
- creating a record/account on one of our database systems;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between us;
- to provide customer care and support on the grounds of legitimate interests
- to provide you with information about products and/or services we offer where a) we have your explicit consent, or b) where you are a customer who was given an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such information at the time your data was recorded;
- to notify you about changes to our websites and/or services on the basis of our shared legitimate interests;
- to ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (or device)on the basis of legitimate interests; and /or
- for internal record keeping on the basis of our shared legitimate interests;
- to comply with legal obligations
Information collected about you.
This information may be used…
- to administer our websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes on the basis of legitimate interests;
- as part of our efforts to keep our websites safe and secure on the basis of legitimate interests; and/or
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our websites about services that may interest you or them only where we have consent;
- to comply with legal obligations.
Information received from other sources.
We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.This information may be combined with information you give to us and information collected about you. This information, and the combined information, may be used for the purposes set out above and below (depending on the types of information received).
Your information may be shared with selected third parties, including:
- our analytics and search engine providers who assist in the improvement and optimisation of our websites; and/or
- our business partners or suppliers, for the performance of any contract entered into with you and in order to provide you with our products and/or services.
Your personal information may be disclosed to other third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case your personal data may be disclosed to the prospective buyer or seller of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our users may be one of the transferred assets;
We may use your email address to make contact with you. In some instances this will be based on legitimate interests, but in most cases this will only be done where we have your explicit consent.
We (the “data controller”) send a variety of email newsletters to those data subjects who have given us permission to do so. These include, but are not limited to, summaries of newly added website content. We use internal systems as well as third party service providers to achieve this.
In order to subscribe to these services, an individual has to submit their email address. This data is, where applicable, shared with / processed by one or both of these service provider/s to deliver the service/s on our behalf.
Opening and click behaviours are recorded using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our newsletters.
Data is stored on the service provider’s secure server/s. Our service providers are not permitted to use the data for their own purposes nor to sell or distribute it on to any other individual, organization or business under any circumstances.
Recipients can unsubscribe from newsletters individually at any time by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link.
If you have voluntarily given your consent to receive marketing communications, these will come only from us and, if you agree, from any named third party you have agreed to have your data shared with.
Our marketing emails include details of promotions, products and services, including competitions and opportunities to take part in surveys. We may also share details of advertising opportunities.
We use third party service providers Mail Chimp “data processors” to send a variety of marketing emails.
The information provided will be kept no longer than 5 years from the last recorded opening and only used to contact you in accordance with your established preferences. You can change your preferences or unsubscribe at any time.
Opening and click behaviours are recorded using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our communications.
Data is stored on the service provider’s secure server. Our service provider is not permitted to use the data for their own purposes nor to sell or distribute it on to any other individual, organization or business under any circumstances.
Recipients can unsubscribe from email marketing at any time by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link.